Thursday, June 24, 2010

On PLN's and Educational Resources

Resources were not at all hard to find when approaching the setup for my PLN, but sifting through the information to decide what was most helpful was a little tougher. Wendy Drexler and I have been communicating about how being a facilitator of networked learning is not an all or nothing proposition. I would like to continue brainstorming with her to discover small changes to make in a classroom to evolve into a networked educator. Deon Scanlon is an Australia educator who teaches the equivalent of our Middle School grade levels, and is interested in connection. I will be following and commenting on this blog in the future. We all know Karl Fisch. His brutal honesty has intrigued me, and I've kept up with his blog and commented on a few posts. Paulo Simoes is a pedagogical instructor in Lisbon. There are a few more people I chose for different reasons. Sir Ken is brilliant and Phyllis Anker has a smorgasbord of information on her blog.

I also added some educational links such as the NEA site and EDUTOPIA. This is the beginning of an exciting journey! To my fellow EDM 310 students: Find resources that interest you; and happy networking. :)

Also, just check the main page of my blog under My PLN and Educational Resources to find the links to all of these exciting places!

1 comment:

  1. I have been referring everyone to Stephen's blog to see an excellent example of PLN documentation. I am happy to have another excellent example in your post! Great work! It is different, thorough, and helpful for everyone else too!

    I am particularly excited about hearing more about your Wendy Drexler's Not-So-All-Or-Nothing campaign. Learning about all of this can be intimidating, but learning ways to integrate it gradually sounds very appealing!

    I will definitely check back soon,

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete