Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On C4K



1. 2KM @ Leopold Primary School: Learning Origami on the iPod touch


*I found this class blog for an assignment in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 Class Microcomputing Systems in Education. I like that the students have the opportunity to learn by watching and listening. It gives them more resources to learn other than traditional lecture or reading steps in a book.

Bianca, Ashleigh, Tyler, Kamarah, and Maddie: what a great picture! Your origami turned out wonderful. I would like to ask what your favorite part about this lesson was?
I do like origami! I have not done it in a long time, but I enjoyed it very much when I was younger.

As for the iPod: I like listening to music, NPR (National Public Radio) and This American Life podcasts.

**@ Leah DiVincenzo,
Thanks for your comment on the 2KM blog!
My favourite part about doing origami was making the box and listening to the instructions [but it was really hard].
What did you make in origami? Was it hard or easy?
Your friend,
Kamarah

2. podcast page of Ft. England School

a.Duster, read by Litia and Vivienne
I am visiting this site for Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class Microcomputing Systems in Education at The University of South Alabama.
Litia and Vivienne: I thought you two did an excellent job reviewing the story of Duster! I was very excited to hear that the teacher took him home. If he hadn't, then the fire probably would not have been put out in time. Do you agree with the author that every dog needs a good home?
18 June 2010 4:49 AM

b. Getting Board, read by Crusader and Gabriel
Leah DiVincenzo's EDM 310 Blog believes that this is an outstanding first podcast for Crusader and Gabriel! Please feel free to leave a comment on my blog! What did you like the most about this book?

c. How the Kumara came to Aotearoa, read by Cruz and Joe
This is very well done! You guys do a good job on the podcasts! They sound very professional, like an impromptu conversation almost! I enjoy hearing you guys work out what the moral(s) of the story is (are). Keep up the great work, and come visit my class blog anytime!

d. No More Moas, read by Cruz and Kayde
Hi Cruz and Kayde! I really enjoyed this podcast because it was very educational! How did you feel after making the podcast about "No More Moas"? What did you like the most about making this podcast? I look forward to hearing from both of you! You can answer/ask questions, or just leave a comment at my class blog.

Great job! Keep it up!

e. Boot and All, read by Matthew and Joshua
Joshua and Matthew: I enjoyed this podcast for many reasons! First of all, I think that is a very good moral for the story. Do you agree? Secondly, I like how CJ wanted to play rugby, but her brother didn't. Which would you guys prefer: to do art or play rugby? I'd really like if you left me a comment on my class blog!

Keep up the great work.

3. Check out the comment I received from Cruz and Kayde !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Leah,

    Once again you have good documentation. Isn't it exciting to get responses from the students you comment too? I hope you remember to answer Kamarah's question, I bet it will mean a lot to her! I thought it was interesting that she signed, "Your friend, Kamarah". That is very cute, and a testament in itself about the affect that our comments have on students across the globe.

    I am working on a project with a lady I met on a plane last month about the impacts one meaningful connection between a child and adult can have on both ends. I am not deluded into thinking that our comments mean the difference between prosperity and pauperism for students, but I certainly think we are helping to build confidence and awareness about how connected we all are in this world. They will gain the wisdom early on that our choices really do have consequences, good and bad.

    I am intrigued by your journey so far and will remember to make a special effort to keep up wit your discoveries. So keep up the good work!

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete